The IT Sourcing Analyst will assist the IT Sourcing Manager to standardize and facilitate the IT sourcing process, distill information, collaborate across stakeholders, and determine the appropriate time to engage key resources during the IT sourcing and contracting process.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Directly or through others, the incumbent will:
· Create/standardize/automate/execute the IT sourcing process.
· Execute/manage the IT competitive bid processes.
· Assist with the negotiations of legal and commercial terms with IT vendors and facilitate discussion between Legal and Vendor’s legal and/or contract representatives when deemed appropriate by Legal.
· Work closely with IT stakeholders and IT Commercial Governance to ensure contracts are reviewed/prepared/modified by all appropriate stakeholders prior to, or as dictated by unique sourcing initiatives, in connection with, legal review.
· Engage functional stakeholders to understand 3rd party requirements and develop/enhance 3rd party contracts to meet requirements.
· Coordinate, review and facilitate recommendations to key stakeholders and IT management on all IT vendor bids, requests and selections.
· Facilitate discussions throughout the proposal process to clarify technical capabilities, note errors in a proposal, or to negotiate fees and expenses.
· Work with IT leadership and Legal on continuous improvement of the sourcing, RFP and contracting processes.
· Ensure all RFP supporting documentation and executed contracts are properly maintained by IT Commercial Governance in a central repository.
· Maintain knowledge of trends and direction of the IT market, digital business, and emerging IT solutions
· Able to perform other duties as assigned.
· Monitor and work with IT Sourcing Manager to determine expiring contracts and next steps.
Analyze market and historical data (e.g., costs) to optimize vendor negotiations.
Education, Experience, & Skill Requirements
· Education – Bachelor degree in Business, Financial, MIS or related area; MBA preferred but not required
· Experience – two to five years of sourcing, procurement, and contract management experience IT emphasis preferred
· Skill – Written/verbal communication, contract analysis/interpretation, analysis, general IT knowledge
- Skill - Procurement to Pay Processes
- Skill - Contract Negotiation
· Skill – Familiar with Smart GEP (or similar Sourcing Management System), PeopleSoft Financials, Maximo, and other financial systems
- Skill – General IT knowledge
· Professional certification preferred but not required (e.g., CPSM, CPM. PMP)
Measures of Success
· Effectively engage Legal and IT Commercial Governance resources during contract negotiations and review based on complexity of subject matter, risk and financial exposure.
· Conduct an effective RFP by clearly reflecting the strategy and short/long-term business objectives and provide detailed insight upon which suppliers will be able to offer a matching perspective while adhering to project/operational delivery timeline constraints.
· Optimized 3rd party relationships from a service, solution, and cost perspective.
· Negotiated effectively with vendor resulting in fair contracts.