This position requires the selected individual to function in a full-time on-site capacity as an IT Systems Engineer in support of Map Based Planning Services (MBPS) and related geospatial science and engineering. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform typical system administration for Windows computing environment under the direction of the Technical Lead; including client/server administration, server, storage systems such as RAID and SAN, service design and support, and utilization of diagnostic and application software.
• Design, specify and document network and system configuration
• Support the installation, configuration, and patching of Windows Servers
• Maintain operating system, VMs and relevant technology STIGs
• Knowledge and skills in current generation operating systems, computer hardware and software virtualization, server protocols and administration, Inter/Intranet applications, and office software
• Plan and manage network projects; prepare and maintain accurate records
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems including user access and component configuration.
• Provide support for creating and managing core Microsoft network services including GPO, DNS, DHCP. Work as team member with other technical staff, to ensure connectivity, security, and compatibility between systems.
• Write and maintain system documentation.
• Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
• Provide Active Directory support giving user access rights and security, maintain Active Directory objects, and implements structural modifications to Active Directory
• Document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
• Provide afterhours support for critical systems as needed.
• Responsibilities may include evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
• Problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Required to have mastered time-management and organizational skills to meet deadlines and schedules; including setting priorities; establishing effective relationships; being attentive to detail; and working non-standard hours at times
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10+ years of relevant work experience
• Professional IT Certifications, such as : Microsoft MCSA or MCSE, MCP, CCNA or CCIA, VMware VCP
• DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification
• TS/SCI Eligible, minimum active Top Secret
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision or guidance
• Working knowledge of Splunk, McAfee HBSS tools
• Working knowledge of DISA cyber security requirements
• Army specific environment experience
• Citrix CCEA