A client of ours in San Antonio, TX has an immediate need for 5 post-manufacturing specialists to work on newly built trucks. This is a 12 month contract-to-hire opportunity. Contractors will drive new trucks off the assembly line to the Toyota Logistics Garage to install upgraded automotive parts and systems. The environment is very clean and all parts are brand new.
- Drive vehicles off assembly line and into garage bay.
- Unbolt stock parts and install upgraded parts, accessories, and systems to the vehicle.
- Most vehicles have standard transmission and require resources to be skilled in driving standard vehicles.
- Ability to lift and use power tools to unbolt and bolt on parts.
- Track production time allocated in tracking system.
- Correctly and accurately record production data.
Working in and around moving vehicles. Twisting and bending to enter/exit vehicles of various sizes. Working in various weather conditions. Walking on uneven/moving surfaces. Awkward positioning; leaning, bending twisting, working overhead with arms extended at or above shoulder level. Lifting up to 35 lbs. from waist to chest level. Push/pull force up to 50#. Occasional squatting, stooping and kneeling. Gripping, pinch grip and extended reach. Occasional exposure to chemical use.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Valid drivers license,
- Ability to drive a manual transmission, ability to work with others and work in and around moving vehicles.
- Ability to enter/exit vehicles repetitively. Ability to work in various weather conditions.
- Ability to wear protective equipment such as gloves,
- Hi-Vis safety vest, safety glasses and steel toe shoes.
- Attention to detail, correctable visual acuity and accurate color discrimination.
- Ability to work for prolonged periods with arms extended above head and ability to work in awkward confines while lying on back.
- Ability to handle power/manual tools and to perform repetitive fine finger manipulation.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods.
- Attendance is an essential function of the position and regular attendance is one of the most important responsibilities of a contingent.
- Our normal work schedule is:
***Contingents rotate shifts every two (2) weeks. Daily overtime, weekend, and holiday work may be required.