A client of ours in Chantilly, VA has an immediate need for a SQL DBA to join their team to support a government grant management system. This project will require eligibility for a public trust clearance before starting. The project is initially projected at 12 months with likely extensions or conversion to a full-time benefited employee.
· Responsible for day-to-day management of DBA team members and communications to external / internal leadership.
· Help drive future visioning of the EHBs system to include Architecture improvements and version upgrades.
· Managing implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
· Expected to support On-Call as well as after-hours support.
· Enterprise database administration experience – 10+ years
· Server SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012 and/or SQL Server 2014 – 7 years
· Experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications – 5 years
· Team leadership experience – 5 years
· Client facing experience – 2 years