This professional will be an integral part of the team, responsible for improving the firm's operations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. This position will contribute to the team and have no direct reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform or assist in all phases of risk-based audits/SOX of the operational and functional areas. This is accomplished by identifying and assessing business risks, testing risk mitigation strategies, and evaluating and making recommendations for improving the underlying business processes and internal controls.
- Identification, documentation and testing of the system of internal controls.
- Planning (or assisting in planning) the theory and scope of the audit/SOX and assists, prepares or updates audit/SOX programs.
- Assists in evaluating risks, defining audit/SOX scope, and developing audit/SOX programs and test procedures for audits/SOX.
- Report results and recommendations (written and oral communication) to audit management and senior management.
- Perform audit/SOX testing as outlined in the audit/SOX program.
- Perform special audits or projects as required by management, external auditors and examiners.
- Provide appropriate information regarding the status of audit/SOX plans, controversial issues, strategic business initiatives, etc., that impact the overall goals of the department.
- Review and submit conclusions and audit/SOX findings for each audit/SOX project conducted or supported, ensuring reports accurately reflect audit/SOX findings documented in audit/SOX work papers and ensures related risks, conclusions, and recommendations are reasonable and well-supported.
- Understand the applicable line of business’ strategic goals and help provide management with proactive guidance and assistance on the internal control environment.
- Review junior team member’s testing and documentation.
- Some travel for internal audit/SOX, when available, may be needed.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year university in Accounting, Finance, or other related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting, internal auditing, or other related audit experience.
- CPA or CIA certification required or eligible for and working toward certification.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge and understanding of hardware and software configurations.
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with success as an approachable and influential adviser at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize assignments, and to meet critical and established deadlines; Ability to manage multiple assignments and transactions simultaneously.
- Professional business image and excellent command of the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a high-performance team.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and constant interruptions; Ability to adjust priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field
- Big 4 experience