- Sell a product or service and complete the process of that sale from start to finish.
- This may be done over the phone or in person via walk-in clients. May consist of tracking down new sales prospects and maintaining relationships with potential future buyers.
- Responsible for being very familiar with the product or service he or she is selling.
- his may be accomplished by attending training sessions, testing out samples of the product or service, or even purchasing the product in order to use it and become acquainted with it.
- Typically given a sales quota by management. May also be responsible for ensuring that the product or service arrives on time, as well as following up to find out more about customer satisfaction.
- Solicits and maintains contact with current and prospect key accounts.
- Track activity, prepare and maintain records for sales leads and account status.
- Handle entire inside sales process from proposal to close; reach or exceed sales quotas.
- Sell the organization's products and/or services to established customers or new prospects via the telephone or walk-in business.
- Attend special training of products and/or services to understand technical aspects of solutions.