- Sell a product or service and complete the process of that sale from start to finish.
- This is an inbound/inside sales role with customers calling in. May consist of tracking down new sales prospects and maintaining relationships with potential future buyers.
- Responsible for being very familiar with the product or service he or she is selling.
- This may be accomplished by attending training sessions, testing out samples of the product or service, or even purchasing the product in order to use it and become acquainted with it.
- Typically given a sales quota by management. May also be responsible for ensuring that the product or service arrives on time, as well as following up to find out more about customer satisfaction.
- Solicits and maintains contact with current and prospect key accounts.
- Track activity, prepare and maintain records for sales leads and account status.
- Handle entire inside sales process from proposal to close; reach or exceed sales quotas.
- Sell the organization's products and/or services to established customers or new prospects via the telephone.
- Attend special training of products and/or services to understand technical aspects of solutions.
- Customer service professional.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to understand client needs. (Active-listening)
- Great telephone etiquette.
- Data entry
- Sales oriented, can have a consultative conversation.
- Not focused on turn and burn callers. Build a rapport with client to gain business/trust.
- More about understanding customer's needs and upsell based on those needs by providing a solution.
- Average customer facing talk time: (talking to customer) 25 minutes - 1 hour.