6 months contract with possibility of conversion to permanent for a Software Tester/Engineer in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
***The candidate must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an Active DoD Secret Security Clearance and have an ability to obtain TSA Suitability***
Our client is seeking an ATSS Software Tester / IT Test Engineer supporting multiple government programs and internal research and development. This work includes QA and testing of software applications, user interfaces, data management solutions, and customized image processing tools. Our government clients include the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) as well as some international governments and clients.
· This position will support software quality assurance and testing.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Ensure that information systems, products and services meet organizational standards and end-user requirements.
· Write test plans and test cases.
· Test production software through the use of automated and manual system tests.
· Ensure test coverage.
· Participate in design reviews, for example sprint retrospectives and reviews.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field (e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering/Development or Information Systems).
· 2-5 years of experience in software quality assurance.
· Experience with TSA screening equipment is a plus; while not a technology, algorithm experience is necessary.
· Strong attention to detail is a must.
· Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
· Experience using bug tracking and requirements systems such as JIRA or TFS.
· Excellent communication and writing skills and ability to work in cross-functional team.
· Sole US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain an Active DoD Secret Security Clearance and ability to obtain TSA Suitability.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED:
· Experience using software revision control systems such as Git, SVN or TFS.
· Software QA certifications, such as ISTQB.
· Business analysis / software requirements gathering skills.
· Familiarity with C# (.NET).
· Familiarity with Agile / Scrum.
· Experience with both white-box and black-box testing.
· Experience with automated test frameworks such as Selenium.
· Experience with SharePoint.
· Experience automating repetitive tasks.
· Configuration management experience.
· Already possess a Secret Security Clearance.
· Already possess TSA Security Suitability.