Duties to include but not limited to:
• Management of activities and staff associated with the development of responses to Government Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotes (RFQs), and Request for Information (RFIs).
• Provides leadership and direction to cross-functional teams assigned to work proposal efforts; ensures that proposal responses are compliant, compelling, and completed on schedule; works with the Capture Manager and Business Development team to weave opportunity strategies, solutions, themes, and discriminators into proposal responses; and ensures that proposals are completed and delivered to the Government within the prescribed time periods.
• You will demonstrate the ability to manage more than one proposal at a time and a willingness to work extended hours.
• The ideal candidate will provide proofreading skills, possess a keen attention to detail, and handle stressful situations.
• Manage proposals, including all aspects of proposal development: pre-proposal planning activities, kick-off meeting, value proposition conveyance, theme development, schedule management, action/issue tracking, proposal structure, compliance oversight, writing instructions and team guidance, review team coordination, and production oversight.
• Review/analyze proposal sections for consistency and clarity, compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes and write/re-write proposal sections as necessary to deliver high-quality, winning proposal product.
• Collaborate with business development and operational leadership to obtain adequate resources for accomplishing a high-quality proposal submission in a timely manner.
• Collaborate with the capture manager, subject matter experts, and other writers to refine proposal sections to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
• Assist in the development and refinement of templates and standardized processes to streamline proposal development.
• Provide daily updates regarding proposal progress to team via the daily stand-up: action items, identified risks, section status, and schedule.
• Identify risks and develop mitigation plans.
• Lead/facilitate/drive the discussion during solution strategy sessions with capture manager, volume lead(s), and subject matter experts; capturing and helping to document customer hot buttons, win themes, our approach/solution, and features and benefits at the level required for a compelling proposal response.
• Work with the color review leads to convene color teams and prepare color team package.
• Lead color review recovery from post-review assessment to providing guidance for implementation of approved content changes and modifications.
• Remain current on all solicitation modifications and communicates them to the team.
• Requires a Bachelor's degree
• 5-7 years related experience
• Experience with developing and maintaining proposal management-related artifacts for each opportunity to include kickoff materials, master outline and compliance matrix, schedule, storyboards and or annotated outlines, writing instructions and templates, daily stand-up agenda, proposal team contact list, action items, and color team review briefings.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient SharePoint
• Proficient Desktop Publishing APMP and Shipley best practices.