A client of ours in San Antonio, TX has an immediate need for a System's Administrator to join their team for a 6 month contract. This opportunity has the potential to convert to a full-time employee.
- The Cloud Support Engineer interacts with our customers and takes ownership of technical issues through to resolution, using a variety of tools and resources to gain the required knowledge, skills and expertise. The ideal candidate/s will have recently been involved with early life and daily support of Windows services within Azure Infrastructure, particularly around Monitoring, Patching, Backups, general Virtual Machine and OS troubleshooting and will understand how to prioritize and manage incidents/requests efficiently.
- Fulfill incoming incidents and requests (post service desk escalation L3-L4), assisting customers and stakeholders in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform technical problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolve service interruption problems.
- Assess, analyze and make technical recommendations to improve supported systems.
- Perform system configuration changes / updates based on recommendations and best practice.
- Perform scheduled system maintenance as required.
- Escalate to the appropriate resolver group when / if required.
- Through effective communication, ensure customers and team members are well informed.
- Where appropriate, perform customer follow-ups to gather further information to drive issues through to resolution.
- Ensure tracking and knowledge base systems are kept up to date.
Required Skills & Years of Experience:
- Minimum 3+ years for required experience below
- Direct work experience in a similar environment.
- Azure O365 Admin Experience
- Understanding CAPS
- Windows Server 2012 /2016 / 2018
- Convert on-prem related functions/processes to Azure O365 where applicable
- Exchange Online and On-Prem
- Skype for Business Online / Skype for Business On-Premises / Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security
- Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), Azure AIP, Azure Identity Protection
- Working and writing PowerShell scripts
- Networking (TCP/IP, Layer 2, Layer 3) experience
- Experience in working in a busy IT department.
- Able to work with networked/distributed computing environment concepts
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- Exceptional customer service skills, particularly the ability to empathize and follow through tasks to ensure customer satisfaction
- Excellent organization to ensure that many concurrent incidents are all being taken care of in a timely manner
- 4 Year College Degree (Bachelors)