7 months contract position with possible extension or conversion for a PTC Creo Designer in Columbus, OH
Primary Function: Provides design services to research and/or support staff by participating in the design process from the conceptualization stage through the production stage.
· Transform concepts and requirements generated by a team of designer(s), engineers, and scientists, into feasible designs.
· Design components and assemblies, usually under the guidance of a mechanical engineer.
· Provide input on design improvements. Produce and maintain drawings and assemblies suitable for fabrication.
· Select or specify components and materials.
· Oversee fabrication and assembly of parts.
· Analyzes engineering proposals and related data to assist in determining the feasibility of proposed designs, prototype fabrication problems and manufacturing problems.
· Assists research staff in the investigation, procurement of data and calculations required to develop a design and assists in cost estimates.
· Assures that all engineering drawings and related documents conform to design/drafting
· standards, design specifications, and configuration management principles.
· Assists in the selection of materials and components including interaction with vendors and the preparation of purchase orders.
· Maintains an awareness of, and works in accordance with, the appropriate Quality System (e.g. ISO 9001), and identifies improvements for this system.
· Provides graphics and drawings to contribute to project reports and proposals.
· Maintains appropriate awareness of technological developments in the design field, including CAD, configuration management tools, spreadsheets and components.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
· Two years of higher education in a curriculum related to mechanical design.
· Four years design experience using PTC Creo Parametric 2.0 (or newer, 4.0 preferred) solid modeling software to design parts and create complex assemblies.
· Experience with PTC Windchill 10.0 or newer (11.1 preferred) PDM file manager software
· Experience with PTC Creo Sheet Metal and Family Tables
· Willingness to work in a team environment, requiring conformance to standards employed in solid modeling.
· Ability to handle multiple job assignments simultaneously and manage time effectively.
· Must be eligible to obtain a DOD Security Clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
· Four years or more of higher education in a curriculum related to mechanical design.
· Experience with design using Creo Sheet metal module, military equipment, underwater equipment, and large complex assemblies.
· 5+years including production design experience
· Experience creating drawings per ASME Y14.100-2013
· Experience with component selection and interfacing with fabricators.
· A current DOD TS security clearance.