5 months contract with possible extension or conversion to a permanent position for a QA Manufacturing Inspector in Columbus, OH
Primary Function: Independently conduct all routine aspects of quality inspections including but not limited to receiving inspection of fabricated parts, in process and final inspection of electronic and electromechanical assemblies.
· Ability to work well with others, attention to detail, familiarity with inspection tools and reading/interpretation of part drawings/prints.
· Ability to work under general guidance from management.
· Apply documented processes to perform inspections of specific manufactured parts and products during design, test, and production phases.
· Independently perform inspections visually and by using a variety of hand tools, micrometers, calipers, etc. to assure adherence to established quality standards.
· Ensure that inspected products meet specifications and quality control requirements.
· Report product problems (individual or trends) to more senior quality staff and work with applicable groups to resolve issues.
· Implement and may recommend corrective measures.
· Maintain inspection records for review.
· Ability to provide limited mentoring on specific aspects of quality inspection.
· Provide limited support to Quality Engineer on specific aspects of supplier and manufacturing quality issue identification and resolution.
· Requires a high school degree or equivalent.
· 1-2 years of experience with inspection of complex fabricated parts, electronic and electromechanical system
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to use electronic test equipment.
· Basic computer skills including MS Windows and Office
· Ability to interpret and understand engineering drawings, drawing revisions, engineering orders, wire lists, parts lists, manufacturing work instructions, and job operations listings.
· Knowledge and understanding of measurement methodologies and techniques.
· Ability to use measurement hand tools and set-up equipment to perform inspection.
· Quality inspection experience working with technical drawings and QA procedures.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to travel and work off-site occasionally for periods of up to three weeks.
· Prefer prior experience in an ISO-9000 environment and working in a military or defense contractor environment.
· Prefer an Associate’s degree in engineering field or equivalent experience.
· Experience in SPC, 6 Sigma preferred
· Preferred experience working with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT).
· Experience working to IPC-A-610C, J-STD-001 and MIL-I-45208 Inspection System
· Requirements, ASC certification(s) preferred.