Catapult Solutions Group is looking to hire a fulltime Senior Solutions Engineer to work for one of our medical school clients in Boston, MA. We are looking for a well-rounded technical expert with wide experience (7-10 yrs.) in Linux (CentOS/RHEL) and open source environments. The person in this role should be a senior systems generalist with hands-on skills in a variety of areas, including the design and implementation of AWS cloud infrastructure, preferably within a health or pharma research environment. This role will require the ability to apply architectural skills in the evaluation and troubleshooting of our evolving platforms.
· Participate fully in software development life cycle.
· Understand, anticipate, design and deliver the needs of our supported research teams in the collection and analysis of data.
· Participate in project meetings representing the technical team.
· Manage and support research environments in multiple hosting sites.
· Develop and implement automation strategies for gathering and maintaining data.
· Guide and support the data and management teams.
· Research, design, and implement technical solutions to deliver business requirements
· Identify opportunities to improve and simplify applications portfolio and implement related enhancements.
· Contribute to creation and maturing of software development best practices and new technologies.
· Draw on relationship and technical skills to act as technical liaison to internal and external clients and to mentor junior staff.
· Experience deploying, securing, and administering Linux servers, VPN, VNC, storage management and application servers (e.g., Ruby on Rails), on virtual servers and AWS.
· Database schema design and development experience for RDBMS (specifically PostgreSQL).
· Responsible for database infrastructure, back-up and restore support, and general administration.
· Experience building, troubleshooting, and debugging applications and programs in a Linux environment.
· Proficiency with system scripting languages (e.g. bash, python).
· Some experience with clinical data management EDC systems (e.g. REDCap) preferred, but not required.
· Installation and support of research analysis and oriented software such as R, SAS, MATLAB, stata and their integration with databases, where applicable.
· Familiarity with system management tools (e.g., git, Ansible).