A client of ours in Springfield, VA has an immediate need for a Network Engineer to join for a long term 18 month contract. This role can extend or even convert after the contract period.
Working with an enterprise network architecture and engineering team supporting our Federal customer, the Network Engineering supports projects to upgrade, modernize and support the migration of a Wide Area Network (WAN) communications infrastructure supporting over 1200 field sites and multiple Program Directorates.
· Working with an enterprise network architecture and engineering team supporting our Federal customer, the Network Engineering supports projects to upgrade, modernize and support the migration of a Wide Area Network (WAN) communications infrastructure supporting over 1200 field sites and multiple Program Directorates.
· Perform system engineering design, integration, and implementation tasks and activities, including coordination of personnel, hardware, software, budget, facilities, and/or equipment
· Interface with vendors when necessary during outages or periods of degraded system performance
· Evaluate, design, document, install, implement, test, perform problem isolation and resolution, monitor, tune, and set standards.
· Provides client consulting and training on the interfacing and use of the network facilities.
· Researches, evaluates, and recommends new computer network equipment and technologies.
Utilizes monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance, and trace data and protocol activity.
· Configure Cisco network routers, switches and wireless controllers for LAN/WAN connectivity
10 Years Experience:
- Network Engineering of Medium to Large WAN network experience: functions and concepts of a wide area network, designing LAN/WAN's and network engineering
- Certification/Skillsets: CCNP, CCIE, Cloud Design and Migration
- Experience with Cisco routing/switching configuration and troubleshooting to the CCNP level, ASRs, Generation 2, and 1900-7600 routers, Cisco NGFWs, and F5 Load Balancers
- IP experience (to include sub-netting and routing), IPV4/IPV6
- BGP experience required
- Cisco Office Extend
- Cisco DMVPN concepts
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF)
- Adept in using troubleshooting and performance management tools such as Cisco Prime, Riverbed SteelCentral, NetScout, Gigamon, Cisco Prime, etc.
- Riverbed WAN Optimization
- Fusion Center
- Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP)
Public Trust required before starting.