Senior Linux Engineer
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Catapult Solutions Group has a contract-to-hire opportunity for a Sr. Linux Engineer. The Senior Linux Engineer will be responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of our clients Linux server environment. This environment consists of a fully virtualized Red Hat Enterprise Linux deployment and consists of multiple related technologies surrounding access networks, inter-site security negotiation, API management, virtualized infrastructure, and Ansible maintenance/administration. This person will be working closely with the Virtualization and System Administration teams to fully manage the maintenance, outage response, and operational support of the environment.
- Ongoing support, maintenance, and testing of application solutions in support of operational requirements and approved initiatives as they relate to the platform.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance; investigate and resolve incidents and/or change tickets for the environment
- Remain current and learn new emerging technologies in information technology and implement innovative solutions.
- Actively participate in Virtual Infrastructure technical support cross-training.
- Participate and lead outage response for conditions related to service delivery and its components.
- Provide technical support for Tier 2-3.
- Serve as the SME for Red Hat Enterprise Linux on the team.
- Provide education and training to other engineers for this subject matter.
- Provide after-hours coverage and escalation support.
- Occasional after-hours work, to include weekends, is required.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in the following:
- Knowledge of Linux configuration and operation in large real or virtual datacenters
- Intermediate or higher-level experience scripting in Python, Perl, or Bash
- Expert-level experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Intermediate or higher-level experience with Ansible automation platform
- Intermediate or higher-level experience with Red Hat Satellite and Subscription Manager
- Novice or higher-level experience with Red Hat Open Shift Container Platform and/or Docker and Kubernetes
- Intermediate or higher-level experience working with VMware-virtualized platforms
- Strong Technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols and standards
- Knowledge of core system and security applications and protocols such as basic TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, NFS, LDAP, SSH, Kerberos, SSSD, LVM, SSL, and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of database query languages on PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Microsoft SQL
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator
- Red Hat Certified Systems Engineer
- CompTIA Linux+ / LPIC-1
This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO, USA. Candidates for this position must be located in the vicinity.