This role will provide unparalleled support to our customer through the Continuous Diagnostic & Mitigation (CDM) Program.
The CDM Program is a high-profile, high-visibility, cybersecurity modernization and risk management program where you can contribute innovative solutions and consult with government agencies to enhance their Information Assurance (IA) programs and continuous monitoring capabilities.
B.S. in Information Technology or Information Security desired
• 6+ years experience of Red Hat Linux administration, including system design, configuration, maintenance, upgrade and administration.
• Strong experience/knowledge of virtualization (VMWare, RHEL, etc.)
• Experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of both open source licensed and Commercial-off-the-Shelf software tools.
• Experience with Linux security, SSL/TLS, certificates, encryption, key stores, firewalls, management of PAM authentication, configuring system auditing and configuring SELinux.
• Excellent user interface / interpersonal / written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to operate in a team environment consisting of both internal and external members, co-workers and customers and attend and discuss tasks in daily agile sprint meetings
• The ability to document and electronically store daily task information, architecture, processes, and user instructions
• Ability to understand, identify, and work with containerization features (Docker, OpenShift).
• Extensive experience working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.X or 7.X, and CENTOS with a strong command-line interface (CLI) skillset.
• Demonstrated success in automating server builds, standardizing images, and managing Linux systems via central management tools such as Satellite, Ansible, or Puppet, etc.
• Experience securing Linux systems, including conducting regular patches and updates and configuring ip-tables.
• Familiarity with at least one common scripting language such as Python, Perl, bash, curl commands, etc.
• Experience with DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) a plus
• Experience with AWS Cloud, Azure Cloud, or Cloud implementations and environments Extensive knowledge and experience with information security standards, policies and practices – NIST SP 800-53 rev4, SP 800-37 rev2, FIPS-199, DHS 4300A. Use OpenSCAP and other tools to audit security policy compliance
• FedRAMP experience a plus
• Strong understanding of infrastructure technologies and functionalities (e.g., firewalls, Windows/Linux servers, Active Directory (AD), Splunk, Solarwinds, CyberArk, etc.)
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to think outside of the box to design effective solutions
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as this position will interact with senior-level executives.
• Experience with handling files, directories, and command-line environments
• Experience with operating systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
• Experience with configuring local storage using partitions and logical volumes
• Experience with file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems
• Ability to deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services
• Ability to manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication
• Ability to troubleshoot issues and suggest resource monitoring options
• Extensive experience building and maintaining Elasticsearch 5.X, 6.X, and/or 7.X solutions (or strong willingness to learn)
• Experience optimizing Elasticsearch data structures to support structured and unstructured data.
• Familiarity with the DIACAP and/or RMF accreditation processes, specifically with configuring Linux systems in compliance with the Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
• Familiarity with Security guidelines such as STIG and CIS Bind DNS PXE Booting RHEL IdM PureStorage Flash Array Dell Equal logic PS & FS series
• Experience with maintaining a secure, standard OS build process.