A data center support person who is familiar with data center design, floor space and rack elevations and electrical, environmental and mechanical equipment in the Data Center (e.g. HVAC - Heating Venting Air Conditioning, UPS and Generators).
This team is looking for someone that is looking to grow their career and take on additional tasks down the line. No lead or designer experience needed, again, this is a support role to the DCM.
- Ensuring business requirements are met by providing operational support of multiple complex IT production platforms to support the 99.99% data center uptime objective. This includes monitoring the performance, availability, reliability and security of IT resources.
- Oversight of data center sourcing vendor’s staff to ensure they possess adequate knowledge, certification and capability to support continuous business operations.
- Data center facilities planning and monitoring operations and maintenance support for electrical, environmental and mechanical equipment within the corporate data centers.
- Researching, recommending, planning and overseeing vendor implementation of electrical, environmental and mechanical equipment improvements.
- Ensuring that maintenance activities are performed by vendor(s) within manufacturer recommended schedules or within industry standard time intervals.
- Establishing and implementing procedures for data center facilities service, repairs and improvements to ensure they are planned, reviewed, scheduled and scripted (critical operating equipment only) before any work is performed.
- Enforcing physical access security policies for restricted data center areas.
- Maintaining appropriate supply and stocking level for all forms needed to support ongoing business operations.
- Proven working knowledge of Servers, Storage and Networking in a data center environment (e.g. Nutanix, HP, VMWare, Cisco Switches)
- Operations performance monitoring and management reporting.