Catapult Solutions Group is currently qualifying Senior Full Stack Developer candidates for a contract to hire opportunity in Cincinnati, OH.
This position will be responsible for a wide variety of software development tasks within the organization – from building and expanding a variety of web sites/applications to building data warehouses to designing and developing software applications to make business processes more efficient and effective. We’re looking for someone with background in a variety of technologies and the desire to continue learning more. This person must be comfortable with all aspects of software development – from requirement gathering to writing and testing applications to maintaining code developed by others.
• Maintains/develops various web properties and applications – both internal and external facing
• Assist in development and maintenance of data warehouse and business intelligence solution based on Amazon Redshift
• Analyzes information, requirements and specifications to design and develop solutions for web and mobile applications
• Modify existing applications (primarily in Java) to correct bugs and implement additional features and functionality
• Ability to analyze and research existing application code bases to learn and subsequently enhance with little guidance
• Consults with business staff to develop understanding of varied and complex business needs that need to be supported by the technology platforms
• Support rollout of system-wide applications through scripting, database queries, workflow automation, etc.
• 3 to 5 years of experience with full-stack web-based software development (5-10+ years preferred)
• Comfort and familiarity with Java, REST APIs, XML is helpful, but not required, as is experience implementing best practices and standards for software development
• Knowledge of setting up and maintaining AWS systems including S3, EC2, Lambda, and Redshift a plus, as is familiarity with data warehousing concepts
• Highly professional demeanor with good written and oral communication skills for communicating with business users
• Ability and desire to work on a wide variety of projects simultaneously as a key member of a very small team
• Strong accountability and results-based orientation
• Strategic, structured, and focused thinker who has strong analytical and problem solving skills
• A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is preferred but career experience may be substituted at the discretion of management.