The Director of Application Development operations and resources for the corporate office. You will provide guidance, leadership, strategic and tactical management of internal and external application development processes and personnel. You will technical expertise and direction for a small team of 10-15 developers.
- Provide leadership for development and implementation of Application Development strategy and roadmap and ensure integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans.
- Direct AppDev operations that are scalable, cost effective, and highly available supporting the organizational vision and strategy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with IT vendors
- Develop and implement operational standards, policies, and procedures for the organizational IT development.
- Responsible for creation of concept, design, development, testing and maintenance of applications for reliability, security, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance, and re-use.
- Demonstrate experience in identifying and resolving problems, risks, issues, and experience with successfully implementing enterprise-class systems and software.
- Provides technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, and implementation.
- • Use Java environment elements including Java/J2EE, XML/XSD, WSDL, relational databases (SQL Server, Postgres) to develop enterprise grade applications.
- Java, Spring, SQL, Linux, JSON
- Deliver enhancements and modifications to various in-house applications.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors, Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Assist with the automation of SDLC process.
- Assist with message broker configuration and management (RabbitMQ)
- 5+ years in IT leadership and delivery of modern software solutions as a Team Lead or technical Manager
- 8+ years of active software development experience designing and developing modern web applications.
- Strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of end-to-end web application, RESTful APIs
- Knowledge and experience working with Windows and Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with Agile Software Development and SCRUM
- Knowledge and experience with AWS Cloud Technology
- Must have good analytical, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills -- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts clearly to users in non-technical language.