Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Field Service Technicians inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up, and collect data of low, medium, and high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering.
- Instrument transformer tests
- Power transformer testing - Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance, etc.
- Test both electro-mechanical and solid-state relays
- Cable testing - Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot
- Automatic transfer switch troubleshooting
- Low, Medium, and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner
Minimum Qualifications to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Prefer an Associate degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Seabee)
- 2 or more years of relevant experience
- Prefer experience with most of the following or similar:
- RTS or Protest relay testing, oil testing, infrared scanning, automatic transfer switching, performing start-up on switchgear up through 500kV class, VFD (variable frequency drives)
- Prefer NETA Certification (II or III) or equivalent skills/experience to become NETA Certified
- Must have general PC skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Excel; experience with PowerDB a plus.
- OSHA 30 hour, MSHA, NFPA 70-E, CPR/First Aid/BBP/AED training a plus
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to crawl, climb, stand and lift to 75 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be available for regular overnight domestic travel and occasional international travel
- U.S. passport & TWIC card a plus.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Must be willing to travel to offshore platforms to perform work for a duration of 2+ weeks on occasion.
- Must be able to fluently read, write, and speak English.