This position requires the ability to work as a member of a Test Team and at the direction of the QA Manager and Workstream leads. The individual must possess the experience to develop test plans/test cases/test scripts and to execute and record results using test tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Review business, functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify testing requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like detailed test scripts, test data, and test results.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated (UFT / Selenium) test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report bugs in JIRA and validate defect fixes.
- 3+ years of relevant QA Functional testing experience.
- College degree is preferred
- Electric utility industry experience is a plus
- Experience with advanced metering systems is a big plus
- Experience with automated testing tools is needed (UFT / Selenium)
- Must be flexible and willing to work late hours and weekends if required