Catapult Solutions Group is currently qualifying QA Tech Lead candidates for a remote direct placement opportunity with a tech-based company that is a Top Workplace, Inc. 5000 member, rising quickly on the Fast 55 and Top Privately Held Companies lists. As a QA Tech Lead, you will participate in managing the testing activities of large complex technology solutions. We have great respect and interest in new technologies and applications, we are looking for candidates who do as well.
This Quality Leader will -
· Be a vocal leader in setting quality standards for development teams
· Participate in daily scrums and contribute to sprint activities (planning, demos, retrospectives).
· Develop effective test cases to ensure that the system functionality meets the requirements
· Establish and maintain a high level of automated test coverage.
· Create automated tests and maintain automated test scripts/code
· Demonstrate the ability to be self-motivated and show initiative to take on tasks
· Manage business context and pressures around quality and time to market
· Ongoing coaching of the team in quality best practices.
Position Responsibilities/Selection Criteria:
· 5+ years of experience in a relevant technical position.
· Managed QA team comprising of 4 or more team members.
· Maintain Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Metrics.
· Software Engineering background with excellent automated coding ability.
· Experience in setting forward thinking quality standards for small, agile engineering teams.
· Ability to create the Automation framework and automate the integration tests.
· Participates and manages in development, QA and deployment of web and mobile applications in support of delivering functionality using CI/CD pipelines in an automated fashion.
· Familiarity with one or more cloud test execution platforms: Jenkins, Sauce labs, Browser Stack etc.
· Knowledge of building automation from the scratch using any one of the helpers such as Web driver, Puppeteer, Playwright.
· Develops and executes end-to-end functional and automated test scripts and creates clearly documented defects that enable a developer to recreate the issue.
· Communicates test results, status and potential risks.
· Proficient in GitLab and HTML.
· Understanding of test methodologies (regression, functional, unit, integration, code coverage, performance, etc.).
· A strong understanding of Object-Oriented programming and design concepts.
· Creates and communicates the test reports through test rail.
· Responsible for conducting root cause analysis of defects with development team and other stakeholders, replicating issues for analysis and resolution.
· Participates in daily stand ups to provide accurate updates on deliverables and timelines.
· Communicates test results, status and potential risks to the QA Manager.
· Experience in automating the integration tests.
· Experience in creating Automation Framework.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline preferred